Sunday 28 February 2010

Goa!

Wow! Goa is so much bigger than I thought. My impression was of a town but this is a state. I am staying in Arombol, about 1.5 hours from the airport. It's more of a touristy area but not far from a more rural India either, as you will see from some of the photos. The scenery is beautiful. The weather is very hot and humid. Cools down a bit in the evening but the midday hours are very swetty! I have been staying with Nick in his little house but tonight should be moving to a beach hut, to get some of my own space. I have a scooter so have been exploring a bit of the local area. I bought a shirt today for 150 Rupees which is about 2 pounds. I think I probably over paid as well - chances are!
Nick has a lot of friends all about this area, so he has been steadily introducing me to them all. Quite overwhelming as he seems to know everybody! Everyone is very friendly, especially the locals :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment